Corratec E-Power RS 160 Factory Black/Blue
Shadow Edge Tube
The all new Shadow Edge Tube hides the Bosch Battery Pack completely inside the down tube and provides therefore a nice shape and look of the frame, nevertheless the battery can be removed out of the down tube. This intelligent and innovative lid-mechanism is developed by corratec and patent pending. The lid of the battery housing is made of High-Grade-Polyamid with Glass Fiber Reinforcement and therefore its super strong and robust. The integration of the battery prevents the whole electronics in case of dirt and other external influences. The edge of the Shadow Tube is shaped very nicely and provides a sportive look. The special design of the edge improves the stiffness of the frame and causes more stability and security of the E-Bike frame.
Removeable Battery for charging
Cover made of High-Grade-Polyamid with Glass Fiber Reinforcement
Protect the Battery and the electronics from dirt and other external influences
Patent pending by corratec
- A pedelec (Pedal Electric Cycle) is a special version of an electric bicycle, in which the rider is assisted by an electric drive when pedalling.
IET-Integrated Engine Technology
Constant improvement and desire for better design lead to an engine bracket forged out of high grade aluminium.
- Improved stability and stiffness by forged high grade aluminium
- Save connection between frame and engine
- Service- and maintenance friendly engine and battery position
- Protection from external forces
- Design-orientied Bosch integration concept
- Compatible with all Bosch drive units
- The head tube is specially reinforced to accommodate force more efficiently.
29" Wheel Size
- Larger wheel size rolls better. A 29" wheel require about 8% less energy than the 26" wheel version. The 29“ wheel takes longer to get going, but rolls easily and quickly over rocks and roots, which brings an additional advantage and more comfort.
- Larger wheels roll over obstacles more easily. The ability of a wheel to roll over obstacles is proportional to its size. A 29" wheel, which is about 10% larger than a 26" wheel, can roll over 10% larger obstacles. The larger diameter wheels have more angular momentum so they lose less speed to obstacles and rough sections.
- 29" bikes tend to offer taller riders a more "natural" frame geometry.
650B Wheel Size
- 650B wheel Size is the new MTB standard.
- The 650B wheel is not a compromise between 26“ and 29“.
- It combines the advantages of 26-inch models (weight, torsional stiffness and agility) with the advantages of the 29“ impeller (increased smoothness, rollover behavior, increased cornering stability).
- Dropper Seatpost with control lever on the handlebar or seatpost.
Internal Cable Routing
- Internal Cable Routing inside the frame for protection and a stylish design.
The BOOST standard offers new constructive freedom, but only for 29 ' and 650B Plus wheels.
The rear wheel hub grows in its width from 142 to 148 mm. There is an increase of 100 to 110 mm in the front wheel hub. Therefore, in the frame with the BOOST standard, 27.5 rear wheels with plus tires can be fitted in addition to the usual 29er wheels.
The crank also pushes 3mm outwards, which provides additional stability in the area of the bottom bracket and the larger chain length generally provides more space.
This additional space, in the otherwise constantly cramped bottom bracket area, can be used to increase tire-freeness or create a stiffer rear body by using larger bearings.
Wider rear and front hub.
Stiffer wheels and more space in the bottom bracket area.
Larger tire-free for Plus bikes.