LPC/Low Profile Chainstay
First-class forward drive and a clean chain stay, completely free from chain-rattling. Even a road bike with a triple chain set is safe from chain damage to the frame.
Included in nearly all corratec bikes.
The frame is by default already prepared for the electronic gear shifting of Shimano, in case you want to update to this new type of gear shifting at a later point.
Optimized For Double
The kinematic is designed and optimized for double chainrings.
The BOOST standard offers new constructive freedom, but only for 29 ' and 650B Plus wheels. The rear wheel hub grows in its width from 142 to 148 mm. There is an increase of 100 to 110 mm in the front wheel hub. Therefore, in the frame with the BOOST standard, 27.5 rear wheels with plus tires can be fitted in addition to the usual 29er wheels. The crank also pushes 3mm outwards, which provides additional stability in the area of the bottom bracket and the larger chain length generally provides more space. This additional space, in the otherwise constantly cramped bottom bracket area, can be used to increase tire-freeness or create a stiffer rear body by using larger bearings.
Wider rear and front hub.
Stiffer wheels and more space in the bottom bracket area.
Larger tire-free for Plus bikes.
Super Light Carbon
- Mitshubishi provides the highest quality carbon fiber around the world.
- The resulting superlight Carbon allows extremely strong and highly durable components with very low weight through material appropriate construction, processing and treatment.
EPS (EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE)
- Traditionally, inflatable bladders are used inside the carbon frame to force the material into the mould, but this technique leaves wrinkles or inconsistent thickness.
- To avoid this, we use expanded polystyrene. When heated, this material swells and exerts pressure on the inside of the carbon fibre. The result is a lighter, stiffer and more consistent final product.
Press-fit Bottom Bracket
- The Press Fit bottom bracket is lighter and through the larger diameter of the crank also more stable than a traditional bottom bracket.
- Worn out threads are a thing of the past.
- The head tube is specially reinforced to accommodate force more efficiently.
29" Wheel Size
- Larger wheel size rolls better. A 29" wheel require about 8% less energy than the 26" wheel version. The 29“ wheel takes longer to get going, but rolls easily and quickly over rocks and roots, which brings an additional advantage and more comfort.
- Larger wheels roll over obstacles more easily. The ability of a wheel to roll over obstacles is proportional to its size. A 29" wheel, which is about 10% larger than a 26" wheel, can roll over 10% larger obstacles. The larger diameter wheels have more angular momentum so they lose less speed to obstacles and rough sections.
- 29" bikes tend to offer taller riders a more "natural" frame geometry.
Internal Cable Routing
- Internal Cable Routing inside the frame for protection and a stylish design.
- Through-axles have the advantage that they are larger in diameter than conventional 9 mm axles and thus are significantly stiffer.